Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: backorifice-brute NSE script

From: Gorjan Petrovski <mogi57 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 22:11:46 +0200

Hello Vlatko,

Sorry for the late reply, I'm a bit busy with GSoC documentation and faculty.

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Vlatko Kosturjak <kost () linux hr> wrote:
Gorjan,

congrats on the nice script & work.

Cracking BO password should be actually doable by really brute forcing
it. I remember I was doing it for fakebo long time ago. Take a look for
ideas at:
http://fakebo.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fakebo/fakebo-cvs/fakebo.c?revision=1.1.1.1&view=markup
from line 1022 (it's time when GCC did not have proper optimization so
you had to use lot of if()s)

Thanks for the code! I skimmed through it. It's really funny to see
that many ifs :-) I guess that was a time when I didn't even know what
GCC is. My original idea was to scroll through the seed values and in
that way bruteforce it, but the advice of Patrick (my mentor) was that
I should use the unpwdb through brute, so I took it.

Cheers,
Gorjan