Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Check for CVE-2011-1720 - Postfix SMTP Cyrus SASL memory corruption

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:07:52 -0700

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 11:49:24PM -0500, Ron wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 13:06:51 -0700 Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org> wrote:

Another option that might be easier than any is to make
smb-check-vulns.nse into kind of a "meta plugin", where it doesn't do
anything in and of itself, but depends on all the smb vuln scripts so
they automatically run when you run smb-check-vulns.

Good point, though I think users can get the effect of this by doing
"--script vuln" and scanning just the SMB-related ports.  That way we
don't have to keep a spearate list in a "meta plugin".  Or, if they
want to scan more ports but still only do vuln checks on the smb ones,
they could do something like "--script smb-*vuln*" as long as we name
the scripts accordingly.

Cheers,
Fyodor