Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSE] Presentation and Vulscan Framework

From: Martin Holst Swende <martin () swende se>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:34:31 +0100

Hi,

I took  a brief look at the scripts. Some feedback:
* web_server_fingerprinting.nse is really just a wrapper around nmap
service detection - it does not do anything :)
* web_server_http_1_1_pipelining_support.nse : this is strange. You just
check if the server responds with HTTP/1.1 - which, in my experience,
almost all servers do. The http-library in nse does support pipelining -
if you really want to check if pipelining is supported, why not use that
? However, personally I am not aware why that is interesting from a
security perspective - would be interesting to hear your thoughts?
* web_server_install_pages : these patterns could (are already?) be
incorporated into Rons work with http fingerprinting. However, I see
that you copyrighted the code, so I don't know what that entails...
* web_server_robots_txt : this could also be incorporated into Rons
stuff, if it not already is.

While these scripts may be useful to you if you have certain demands on
the output, I think a lot of this is covered by other scripts/probes and
perhaps any parts not covered could be included - but I guess that
depends also on copyright issues...

Just my 2 cents
/Martin Swende