Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Using ncat as a SSH proxycommand to connect trough proxy

From: "Christopher Atanasopulo [John Doe]" <lugsam () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 19:23:01 -0300

2010/7/9 Nuno Gonçalves <nunojpg () gmail com>:
2010/7/9 Christopher Atanasopulo [John Doe] <lugsam () gmail com>:
Ok, I have a solution you may like to try. You can use apache web
server as proxy to let you connect through it to the ssh server.
Apache and ssh server can be on the same host. The thing would be like
this horrible ascii art schematic :p

This thread got way off-topic...

nc works as a proxycommand on ssh, ncat isn't. What is off-topic on
this? I just explained how I'm testing...

Sorry, I was talking about my email...including this one...

What you actually need is an http or https proxy located outside your
company, listening on port 443, and this proxy hast to allow the
CONNECT method to port 22 of your ssh server (or whatever other port
you have your ssh server listening at).

--
Christopher Atanasopulo | J0hn D0e
.o. ..o ooo | www.j0hnd0e.com.ar