Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Using ncat as a SSH proxycommand to connect trough proxy

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 13:48:56 -0500

2010/7/6 Nuno Gonçalves <>:
My enterprise only gives internet access trough a proxy. It supports
the connect method to port 443 so I only had to add this port to the
SSH server.

Connecting with Bitvise Tunnelier at windows works flawless.
With openssh I was trying to use a proxy command with nc or ncat.

nc works very well, but doesn't support authentication
ncat connects to the proxy, I see the SSH negotiation starting, but it
eventually hangs. Sometimes at different stages. Looks like a buffer
or flush problem. This both happens with SOCKS4 or HTTTS proxys(tested
at home).

Regards,
Nuno

I would advise you to take a thorough look at your employer's
acceptable usage policy or electronic usage policy or whatever you had
to agree to in order to work there.

What you are doing may be implicitly forbidden and you may be risking
termination by doing it.

Be very careful trying to circumvent the various protections put in
place, regardless of how easily they are bypassed.

-Jason