Nmap Development mailing list archives

Using ncat as a SSH proxycommand to connect trough proxy

From: Nuno Gonçalves <nunojpg () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 19:05:13 +0100

My enterprise only gives internet access trough a proxy. It supports
the connect method to port 443 so I only had to add this port to the
SSH server.

Connecting with Bitvise Tunnelier at windows works flawless.
With openssh I was trying to use a proxy command with nc or ncat.

nc works very well, but doesn't support authentication
ncat connects to the proxy, I see the SSH negotiation starting, but it
eventually hangs. Sometimes at different stages. Looks like a buffer
or flush problem. This both happens with SOCKS4 or HTTTS proxys(tested
at home).

Regards,
Nuno