Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: rainmap - nmap wrapper for worker process

From: alexandru <alex () hackd net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 03:30:47 -0700

On 2010-08-19, at 4:52 PM, Keenan, Bill wrote:

From architecture-diagram.png, I want to stand up 6 'RabbitMQ Workers' servers around my data centers, with jobs
coming via path '3' from the rainmap django app running on a 7th server. Are you saying I need to install the rainmap
django app on all 7 servers? I read that you have only tested an all-in-one deployment; however, I did not understand
the testing comment to mean the implementation is only an all-in-one system. If multiple worker systems should work,
I am missing something in your implementation, as I was not expecting to install a webapp multiple times to get a
message listener started.

Thanks for your patience, SVN r20063 should be what you need. The worker code is in src/celeryd and can be run as is on
the worker nodes, provided dependencies are met and with the one caveat that the web-app instance must also be a
RabbitMQ node, though it doesn't need to be involved in scanning.

More details in docs/INSTALL. I'm looking forward for feedback related to either the install doc/procedure, or patches
to make the code better.

Thanks.

--
@