Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap will not start on Mac OSX 10.6.3

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:18:16 -0600

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 12:20:55PM -0400, Riley Strehlow wrote:
I tried starting from the Application icon and it crashed; it seemed
to be stalling after X11 started up but before the Zenmap interface
appeared. I installed gdb and it works just fine when initiated via
CLI under Root.

Upon entering the gdb commands, this is the output:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/MacOS/Zenmap
Reading symbols for shared libraries .++....... done
Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-UvNf9L/org.x:0".
/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/zenmapGUI/MainWindow.py:72: GtkWarning:
Default font does not have a positive size
/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/zenmapGUI/ProfileCombo.py:45: GtkWarning:
/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/zenmapGUI/MainWindow.py:365: GtkWarning:
/Applications/Zenmap.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.5/site-packages.zip/zenmapGUI/App.py:166: GtkWarning: Default
font does not have a positive size

After this worked, I re-ran it under my normal account from its
Application icon. It seems to be doing just fine. Weird.

Try deleting the .fontconfig directory in your home directory and
starting the application by the icon again.

Had Zenmap been crashing or only appearing to stall? The first time you
start it, it can take a long time (several minutes) for the font cache
to be initialized. After that it will be faster.

David Fifield