Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap will not start on Mac OSX 10.6.3

From: Riley Strehlow <rwstrehl () mtu edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 00:02:04 -0400

After updating MacPorts and X11 to the latest available versions it seems to be working a lot better on 10.6.4. I'll
continue watching this thread.

-Riley

On Jun 23, 2010, at 2:32 PM, David Fifield wrote:

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 02:02:44PM -0400, David Dipert wrote:
The program will ask me for my password then start x11 app then sit
there for a moment  then die.

I do not have gdb loaded but i can see if I can get it installed. Do
you recommend a version.

Use whatever comes with the developer tools on the install CD. There are
instructions here:

http://guide.macports.org/#installing.xcode

I'm currently building a newer installation of MacPorts (version 1.9.1).
When that's finished, I'll build a test release of Zenmap and have you
test it.

David Fifield