Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Last call for smtp-open-relay.nse - help needed

From: Duarte Silva <duartejcsilva () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 21:55:16 +0000

Nice :)

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Ron <ron () skullsecurity net> wrote:
On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 20:40:59 +0000 Duarte Silva
<duartejcsilva () gmail com> wrote:
I actually use the VRFY command a lot in my work. I typically run a
list of usernames through it prior to a bruteforce to save me from
bruteforcing accounts that don't exist. It'd be cool to have it
automated to the point where I just point Nmap at my list of
usernames and let it go.

Well the script is using the unpwdb module to access the username.lst
files. To point to a specific file I would have to add parameters
right?
Nope, the unpwdb module can take arguments that point to a specific file. If you're using the unpwdb list, you're
good.

--
Ron Bowes
http://www.skullsecurity.org