Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Last call for smtp-open-relay.nse - help needed

From: Duarte Silva <duartejcsilva () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 20:36:48 +0000

Okay, this is a good idea. It's not a problem if it's not supported on
lots of servers, especially if the script can realize it quickly and not
continue. What server are you testing the script against?

I was testing against my ISP server and the one under the
bamsoftware.com domain (sorry 'bout that :P). The script will stop
querying the SMTP server if authentication is enforced, or if the
commands used aren't implemented (VRFY and EXPN).