Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Last call for smtp-open-relay.nse - help needed

From: David Fifield <david () bamsoftware com>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 14:11:12 -0700

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 08:36:48PM +0000, Duarte Silva wrote:
Okay, this is a good idea. It's not a problem if it's not supported on
lots of servers, especially if the script can realize it quickly and not
continue. What server are you testing the script against?

I was testing against my ISP server and the one under the
bamsoftware.com domain (sorry 'bout that :P). The script will stop
querying the SMTP server if authentication is enforced, or if the
commands used aren't implemented (VRFY and EXPN).

Do you get any results from the ISP server? Can you tell what software
it's running?

David Fifield