Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Call for testers: Nping 0.1BETA1 Released.

From: "Luis M." <luis.mgarc () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2009 18:57:16 +0100

DePriest, Jason R. wrote:
I also love how incredibly detailed the man page is.  It is easily as
in depth as the nmap man page and provides interesting insight in to
*why* certain things are possible.

Instead of just "here is how you use nping," it is "here is how you
use nping and here is an explanation of the underlying IP/TCP/UDP/ICMP
protocols that nping manipulates."

It is like a little networking primer inside a man page.

In many open source projects, documentation takes a back seat to
coding.  Clearly, this is not the case with nping which is continuing
in the same vein as nmap.

Hi Jason,

Thanks! I am really glad you liked the man page. I spent a lot of time
writing it. I wanted to keep it as informative as possible so users can
even learn some networking basics while using Nping, pretty much like
users learn about scanning techniques when yhey read Nmap's documentation.

Luis.