Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Possible new device categories for service detection

From: doug () hcsw org
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 07:48:21 +0000

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 02:20:59AM +0000 or thereabouts, doug () hcsw org wrote:
Do you want me to revise my device type list and add it to the
docs somewhere? Hm. You said you think it should go in the
OS detection chapter but I guess it's equally applicable to
service detection. Maybe some section common to both chapters?

Or possibly this should be integrated with the submitter in some way?

A) Submitter reads the DB files directly so it should have the most
   up to date collection of which devices are currently in use.
B) It might be useful for people to see descriptions about what the
   different devices are while submitting.

Something to think about,

Doug