Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [NSELIB/NSE] Updates SMB/MSRPC scripts

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 17:36:49 -0700

On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 06:43:14PM -0500, Ron wrote:
Fyodor wrote:

I'm not sure exactly where that number comes from, but how do you think
I should handle it? I could check if the age is greater than 10,000,000
days, or I could just compare it to 100,000 days (I don't think anybody
will care if passwords expire in >250 years). Or, I can just display
that the password will expire in 10 million days and let the user figure
out what that means (that's what I'm doing right now).

I think it is best to be smart and not print bogus values.  I think
even cutting it off at 5,000 days would be fine.  We do similar
heuristics with the host uptime value calculated with OS detection.

Cheers,
-F