Nmap Development mailing list archives

[NSELIB/NSE] Updates SMB/MSRPC scripts

From: Ron <ron () skullsecurity net>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 11:09:16 -0500

Hi all,

I've taken David's suggestions about the previous version of my SMB/MSRPC libraries and incorporated them. So basically, these would be the change notes:
- Rolled together multiple ways of doing the same thing
- Removed smbconstants in favour of a two-way table

I've tested it on a number of varied systems, but I'd like to hear the results of others testing it. So, to give it a run, do this (taken from David's post, blame him if this doesn't work ;) ) (also, if you have any custom scripts that start with 'smb-' for some reason, don't do the 'rm' step):
        (download nmap-smb.tgz, which is attached)
        cd nmap
        rm scripts/smb-*
        tar xzf ../nmap-smb.tgz
        make install
        nmap --script-updatedb
nmap --script=smb-msrpc-enumusers.nse,smb-msrpc-enumdomains.nse,smb-msrpc-enumshares.nse <target>

As before, this will only work against Windows 2000. Once I get authentication in place (which is the next big task, besides fixes/improvements requested right now), it'll work against Windows 2000 - Windows Vista (doesn't work with NT or below, they don't have the required interfaces).

So there you go, please let me know what you think and, if you want me to continue, encourage me! :)

Ron