Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: [Lua snippit] print_hex

From: "Patrick Donnelly" <batrick.donnelly () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 14:02:10 -0600

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 8:19 AM, Ron <ron () skullsecurity net> wrote:
Hey,

I'm so accustomed to the way Wireshark and other stuff outputs hex that I
threw something together in Lua that'll do the same. It's purely for
debugging my own code, not intended to be displayed to end users.

(Also, feel free to reply telling me that there's a built in function and I
just waited a half hour porting 0-based arrays to 1-based arrays :) )

Attached is an improved version that removes unnecessary loops/logic.
It was a fun little exercise :)

Cheers,

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing
to do and always a clever thing to say."

-Will Durant