Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Ncat: Update and Feature Request

From: Aaron Leininger <rilian4 () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 11:30:26 -0700

silly question: did you re-run ./configure after installing libpcap-dev?
yes. when I couldn't get it to compile, I ran ./configure again and still got the errors.

Did you install libpcap-dev from debian repository?
yes: $sudo apt-get install libpcap-dev. Are they not up to date?

I figured the other stuff you list below is ok since I can compile nmap 4.68 from source w/o error. I will have to
check when I get home as I cannot ssh out from work due to firewall restrictions.

-Aaron

Here is my configuration, and is working fine to me:

libpcap0.8                            0.9.8-5
libpcap0.8-dev                        0.9.8-5
libssl-dev                            0.9.8g-12
gcc-4.3                               4.3.1-6

Ncat svn revision: 9174
Everything works like a charm.

cheers
eldraco