Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Exp Branch for OpenSSL on Windows

From: "Thomas Buchanan" <TBuchanan () thecompassgrp net>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 19:05:13 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: nmap-dev-bounces () insecure org
[mailto:nmap-dev-bounces () insecure org] On Behalf Of jah
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 6:53 PM
To: Thomas Buchanan
Cc: nmap-dev
Subject: Re: Exp Branch for OpenSSL on Windows

Thomas, I had this same issue which meant I had to modify makefile
everytime I updated my working copy.  This annoyed me a lot so
I learned
a little *nix:

$ mkdir /c
$ mount C: /c

Then check it:
$ mount

which should result in something like:
C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
C:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
C: on /c type system (binmode)

And now you can:
$ cd /c

and go back to using the original makefile!

jah

Jah,

Thanks for the tips.  I worked around it on one of my systems by doing:

$ ln -sf /cygdrive/c /c

which worked fine too.  But I wonder if it might make sense to actually
change the Makefile, because as far as I can tell, the current Cygwin
install/setup process doesn't create the /c mount point (although I
think it may have at one point in the past).  This might assist new
users trying to compile on Windows for themselves.

Any thoughts?  Does anybody have a Cygwin installation _without_ the
/cygdrive mountpoints?

Thomas