Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Exp Branch for OpenSSL on Windows

From: Kris Katterjohn <katterjohn () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 18:51:45 -0500

Hey Thomas,

Thomas Buchanan wrote:
Kris,

I did check the branch out, and it compiled fine for me.  I had to make
one slight change, unrelated to the SSL stuff (I have to prepend
/cygdrive to all of the Cywin paths in mswin32/Makefile).
Unfortunately, I really haven't had a chance to do any significant
testing with it.

Thanks for testing what you could.

Thanks for getting this out there where it's easy to test and review.

No problem.  You did the initial work of figuring everything out, so the
least I could do is get it integrated :) Thanks again for spending so
much time on it, it's great to have.

If I get a little time in the next few weeks, I'd really like to get
back to the OpenSSL bindings for NSE.  I have a couple of scripts
sitting in my private SVN repo that require it, and they've proved
really useful for some of the scans that I do regularly.  I also really
like the idea that Brandon mentioned re: SSHD host fingerprints.  I'm
not sure what OpenSSL functions would be required to get a script like
that working, but it sounds like a fun challenge!  :)

That'd be great!  I don't know what Fyodor and Diman have in mind, but I
may be able to help you with the bindings (or probably an NSE SoC
student if not me).  If I'm helping, we can just keep everything in my
current branch since it's so well-named :)

And Brandon's idea is an interesting one.  Any functions required for
that will be most likely be useful for some future scripts as well, so
it's a good idea to get it going.

Thomas

Thanks,
Kris Katterjohn