Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Can?t build NMAP 4.60 on opensuse 10.3

From: Aaron Leininger <rilian4 () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 09:24:42 -0700

unzip your tarball or bzip of the build you want to use to a folder of your choice.
run ./configure --help. It shows all the configure options.
The command is ./configure  --without-zenmap
then run: make
then: sudo make install

That should build nmap w/o zenmap.
There is comprehensive documentation for configure directives at: http://nmap.org/book/inst-source.html. This is where
I went to find an answer for you.
The dev crew has great docs on this site. Use them.

I am copying this to the dev list as I noticed that --without nmap-fe is still listed on that page and should be
updated to show the --without zenmap directive, as I believe (anyone on the list, feel free to correct me if I am
wrong) that nmap-fe has been retired in favor of zenmap as a GUI.

using ./configure --help to show you current, up-to-date options.

-Aaron