Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Zenmap (name and artwork)

From: Diman Todorov <diman.todorov () univie ac at>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 19:38:59 +0100

On Nov 26, 2007, at 7:26 PM, Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman wrote:

bensonk () acm wwu edu wrote:
I am not saying the logo is a bad idea, I just thought I'd point
out the
distance between Yin and Yang and the concepts of Zen.  In fact, Zen
itself was a sort of backlash against having too many symbols.  So,
I'm
not sure if you will be able to find a symbol that really meshes with
Zen concepts at all.
thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of that

Then let's have a Buddhist monk, looking at a network while drawing
a picture/diagram :)

well I was thinking along the lines of having the Nmap eye in one of
these zen sand gardens with ripples of sand going around the eye but
that's a bit beyond my humble skills.

Besides, it has the same problem as the monk: a logo should look well
in different sizes. Think letter head and banner on a building. You'd
have to do a hell of a lot of stylizing to make a monk who looks like
a monk when scaled. And I am not even speaking here about what he's
looking at.