Nmap Development mailing list archives

zenmap crash at startup

From: "DePriest, Jason R." <jrdepriest () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 16:45:20 -0600

I just downloaded 4.23RC2.

I didn't have any show-stopping errors during make or make install.

When I try to run zenmap, either directly or from one its symlinks, I
get an immediate crash (below).

I'm running Debian GNU/Linux with kernel 2.6.22-2-k7 and Python 2.4.4.
 This system is an Averatec AV3715-EH1 laptop.

I have another system with 4.23RC2 that runs Debian GNU/Linux
2.6.22-2-686 and Python 2.4.4 and it has no problems at all.  This
system is a mostly headless (except when it stops responding) Compaq
ProLiant 1600R, so I ran this via an X over SSH session.

The only difference is the chipset optimization, but they are both
stock kernels from Debian and not hand-rolled.

As promised, here is the error information.  I couldn't auto-report it
because I am behind a proxy that requires authentication.

CRASH REPORTED:
SYS.PLATFORM: linux2
OS.NAME: posix
Zenmap Version: 4.23RC2
STDOUT

STDERR
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/umitGUI/App.py", line
53, in __create_show_main_window
    from umitGUI.MainWindow import MainWindow
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/umitGUI/MainWindow.py",
line 45, in ?
    from umitGUI.SearchWindow import SearchWindow
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/umitGUI/SearchWindow.py",
line 24, in ?
    from umitGUI.SearchGUI import SearchGUI
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/umitGUI/SearchGUI.py",
line 40, in ?
    from umitCore.SearchResult import SearchDir, SearchDB, SearchTabs
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/umitCore/SearchResult.py",
line 31, in ?
    from umitCore.UmitDB import UmitDB
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/umitCore/UmitDB.py",
line 29, in ?
    import sqlite3 as sqlite

HOOK:
Type: exceptions.ImportError
Value: No module named sqlite3

--
NOTICE:  This email is being sent in clear-text across the public
Internet.  Therefore, any attempts to include unenforceable legalese