Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap 4.21ALPHA4 ------- SCRIPT ENGINE: Couldn't find 'scripts\'

From: MadHat Unspecific <madhat () unspecific com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 08:15:13 -0500

Diman Todorov wrote:
Hello MadHat,

On 13.06.2007, at 04:31, MadHat Unspecific wrote:

IIRC he was running an older version of BackTrack.

So do you work in computer security?  No rudeness intended, just don't
know many that have never heard of BackTrack.

http://www.remote-exploit.org/backtrack.html

It is a security centric live CD.  I highly recommend checking it out.

BackTrack 2.0 Final comes with nmap 4.20, the latest stable version.

No offense taken :) I don't work in computer security. My daylight
job is r & d of semantic web technologies. BackTrack 2.0 may come
with 4.20 but the subject of his email says 4.21ALPHA4...

Right.

Sorry, I checked the archives and had two threads confused.
BackTrack can be installed on a hard drive (of course), but when I have
done this I only upgrade the parts designed to be upgraded, such as
metasploit and the milw0rm archives.  There are all sorts of problems
that could arise.  I'll not assume anything and just STFU now.  hehe