Nmap Development mailing list archives

Fw: Windows 9x is NOT supported by nmap

From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:43:28 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Clay Young" <bunidano () yahoo com>
To: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni () gmail com>
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2006 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: Windows 9x is NOT supported by nmap

Ok, now I know what's wrong.

The installer from nmap site
(http://download.insecure.org/nmap/dist/nmap-4.11-setup.exe)
which includes WinPCap 3.1 installs the version of
packet.dll that depends on wanpacket.dll. But the
WinPCap installer downloaded from WinPCap site
(http://www.winpcap.org/install/bin/WinPcap_3_1.exe)
installs the one that doesn't depend on it.
There seems to be a problem with nmap installer.

--- Gianluca Varenni <gianluca.varenni () gmail com>