Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Nmap public source repository now available!

From: Andreas Ericsson <ae () op5 se>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 11:55:55 +0100

Fyodor wrote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks for your feedback about a public SVN repository.  It was a
bunch of work to set up due both to my security paranoia and all sorts
of SVN bugs (I ended up having to edit the 3GB SVN dump file by hand
before it would load properly).  Argh!  The good news is that it seems
to be working now.  So from now on, you won't have to wait for new
releases or apply patches manually to try the latest changes.  The
command to check out nmap, nsock, and nbase is:

svn co svn://svn.insecure.org/nmap

For us git-enthusiasts, the import is now completed and up for browsing
at http://devel.op5.se/~exon/git, which also has RSS feeds. I've never
used RSS personally, so I can't say for sure if they work or not. Report
to me if they don't and I'll see what I can do.

Note that this is mirrored 3AM GMT, so you'll be lagging up to 24 hours
if you use this clone as opposed to the official svn repo.

git-daemon support is still missing. I'm working on setting it up as we
speak.

--
Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson () op5 se