Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: Microsoft Is Using Linux To Protect Its Own Web Site - hehe

From: "Paul Hieb" <phieb () columbus rr com>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 19:59:30 -0400

There's just one problem with the theory here guys -- Reverse DNS of
www.microsoft.com is showing "unknown.Level3.net" hence they are having
Level3 filter traffic for them, they might even be co-located at
Level3's facilities. I presume that you all know who Level3
communications is? (www.level3.net) Also I would assume that for load
balancing purposes, that DNS entries are round-robining to at least two
different hosts. So, keep probing!