Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Kazaa/p2pnetworking ports

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:49:54 -0700

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 04:36:11PM -0700, Seth Master wrote:
I disagree to put this as kazaa, since there are over 7 different
applications that use these ports, and there are 4 different networks.
The Kazaa network is just one of those networks.

Thanks for the heads-up.  My understanding is that KaZaA, iMesh,
Grokster, and Morpheus all use the fasttrack network/protocol.  So
assuming that fasttrack is the dominant network using that port, I
think I'll use that as the name.

Cheers,
-F