Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Kazaa/p2pnetworking ports

From: sullo () cirt net
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 02:16:58 -0400

I have a decent list of ports (3569, including these) if anyone wants... you can
export in nmap/services format:

http://www.cirt.net/cgi-bin/ports.pl

-Sullo

Quoting Jake Maul <jakemaul () cox net>:

Howdy,
Whilst checking the access log on my router I ran across accesses to
port 3531. A little googling leads to the discovery of 2 (4) ports not
listed in nmap-services. Perhaps they could be inserted into the
distributed nmap-services file for the next release as such:

kazaa             1214/tcp   # Kazaa File Sharing
kazaa             1214/udp   # Kazaa File Sharing
p2pnetworking     3531/tcp   # P2PNetworking/PeerEnabler protocol
p2pnetworking     3531/udp   # P2PNetworking/PeerEnabler protocol

3531 might be better named 'PeerEnabler', since that's the name of the
product and P2PNetworking.exe is the name of the executable. Or the
company name could be used, "Joltid".

On PC's where Kazaa has been installed and run, P2PNetworking.exe opens
up port 3531, and it stays open even if Kazaa is closed (it is a
separate process, and the port is not configurable). If it is not
running when Kazaa is launched, it will be started- but never stopped.
1214 is open only when Kazaa is running, but 1214 is only the default
port (user-configurable).

There's a short and sweet thread about this:
http://lists.jammed.com/incidents/2003/07/0045.html

--
http://www.cirt.net/