Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Kazaa/p2pnetworking ports

From: Fyodor <fyodor () insecure org>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 21:48:24 -0700

On Sat, Aug 09, 2003 at 09:44:05PM -0700, Jake Maul wrote:
Howdy,
Whilst checking the access log on my router I ran across accesses to
port 3531. A little googling leads to the discovery of 2 (4) ports not
listed in nmap-services. Perhaps they could be inserted into the
distributed nmap-services file for the next release as such:

kazaa             1214/tcp   # Kazaa File Sharing
kazaa             1214/udp   # Kazaa File Sharing
p2pnetworking     3531/tcp   # P2PNetworking/PeerEnabler protocol
p2pnetworking     3531/udp   # P2PNetworking/PeerEnabler protocol

Thanks - I have added 1214/tcp and 3531/tcp for the next version of
Nmap (due out in a couple weeks).  Do these really use UDP too?  If
so, let me know and I'll add those ports as well.

Cheers,
-F