Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: C++ Development

From: Eric Anderson <eanderson () connectok com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:49:09 -0500

Why can't we label this another computer "holy war" and leave it to it's own devices?

I personally would rather look at C code than C++ code. Although i would actually prerfer

Perl to C, but that is another matter altogether. However, there is no absolute as

far as C or C++ being the ultimate or best tool. Use C for optimized code, that runs

fast... And use C++ if you are worried about "readable source code" (although from my

personal experiences looking through inherited objects more than 2 - 3 levels deep is

more obfuscated than helpful... but i digress).

In short everyone has their own biases, and this arguement will end when every single

*nix user on the planet agrees which distribution is best... SO... use whatever you

prefer, and stop whining because someone didn't use your prefered language.

--
Eric Anderson
System Administrator