Nmap Development mailing list archives

RE: C++ Development

From: "Jay Freeman \(saurik\)" <saurik () saurik com>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 23:50:07 -0500

I would like to cleanly and flatly state right now that you are quoting
Etaoin and putting my name on it, and I seriously hate that.  Everything you
quoted was written by Etaoin, and then you stuck my name on the top.  Please
be more careful about that.

BTW, about that "can't link to C" argument, I actually have a complaint
against that one that I didn't think of when I decided to agree with Fyoder.

I have a stock build of Apache, which is written in C.  I wrote an Apache
module in C++ and had no problems getting it to work with Apache.  Just
because the external interface is a few functions doesn't mean any of the
internals can't be in C++.

Although that may be because my compiler was just smarter than most, so I am
still going to cede that nmap should continue forward in C, and I'm even
going to extend that to nmap+V.

(I really just needed something to say to give some meat to this "hey, watch
it there" e-mail message, and this is all I could come up with :).)

Sincerely,
Jay Freeman (saurik)
saurik () saurik com