nanog mailing list archives

Re: Best TAC Services from Equipment Vendors

From: "Justin H." <justindh.ml () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 08:41:23 -0700

Richard Laager wrote:
FWIW, I haven't tried calling after hours.
If I have to call after-hours, I get an answer from someone who is going to be handling my case (assuming that it doesn't have an engineer who's on-shift already assigned to it).  Yes, after-hours has traditionally been when I talk to the folks who are still learning, but when hasn't that been true?  Having said that, I always get the impression that they're having a side-line conversation with a more senior engineer who is helping them with any troubleshooting that they're not familiar with.

I admit, I don't use any particularly advanced features, so my experience may not be typical, but I've never had an operational issue that they haven't been able to solve fairly quickly.

Justin H.