nanog mailing list archives

Re: N91 Women mixer on Sunday?

From: Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 10:14:06 +0200

On 3/30/24 03:45, Ryan Hamel wrote:

Paul,

Anne's opinionĀ is just as valid as the others here. I have also browsed through the recent attendee lists and do not see you listed either, pot calling the kettle black. Your comments about her email signature and which voices are valid here, are not productive. We are allowed to back up and/or side with whomever we please, even if it includes the NANOG board, staff, and committee members. We are also allowed to call people out on their behavior towards others.

Agreed. Constructive dialogue makes no requirement for prior or final agreement.

More talking is better than less talking, especially when we disagree.

Anyway, no one truly knows how many people could have raised the scheduling issue with various committee members, the board, staff, or provided feedback via the contact form on the website, and who knows it could have come from young women. Those voices do not have to come from the mailing list, to be just as valid as ours.

I'd imagine that data would, at the very least, be with the PC and other members of NANOG staff; and in a manner that they can use to derive reasonable solutions for the future.

Mark.