nanog mailing list archives

Re: Advantages and disadvantages of legacy assets

From: Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2023 03:02:49 +0000

On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 8:14 PM William Herrin <bill () herrin us> wrote:

It still seems unwise, but not entirely insane.

I would expect that at some point in the future
that many/all of the major players will require
RIR validated routing information, and whether
that is due to regulation or best practices for
which the majors will not want to become liable
for ignoring (and "think of the children") is hard
to know.  In the end I suspect we are likely just
trying to discern when that date will be, not the
eventual end result ("not today" is not, really,
a valid target goal).