nanog mailing list archives

Re: Advantages and disadvantages of legacy assets

From: Tom Beecher <beecher () beecher cc>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 19:10:44 -0500

Are you sure? The way I read it, that policy applies to -customer-
announced routes, not broad Internet routes received from peers and
transit.

You are reading it correctly.

On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 3:15 PM William Herrin <bill () herrin us> wrote:

On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 11:22 AM owen () Delong com <owen () delong com> wrote:
On Nov 21, 2023, at 01:38, William Herrin <bill () herrin us> wrote:
Disadvantages: Expensive IRR. No RPKI. No vote in ARIN elections. No
legal clarity regarding the status of your resources.

Expensive IRR? ALTDB is free?

I don't know anything about ALTDB. RADB is pricey.

On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 11:16 AM owen--- via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>