nanog mailing list archives

Re: Advantages and disadvantages of legacy assets

From: owen--- via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 12:42:15 -0800

On Nov 22, 2023, at 12:13, William Herrin <bill () herrin us> wrote:

On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 11:22 AM owen () Delong com <owen () delong com> wrote:
On Nov 21, 2023, at 01:38, William Herrin <bill () herrin us> wrote:
Disadvantages: Expensive IRR. No RPKI. No vote in ARIN elections. No
legal clarity regarding the status of your resources.

Expensive IRR? ALTDB is free?

I don't know anything about ALTDB. RADB is pricey.

RADB is one of MANY alternatives. ALTDB has been pretty reliable and useful to me and costs $0.

YMMV.