nanog mailing list archives

Re: New addresses for b.root-servers.net

From: Izaac <izaac () setec org>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 18:09:25 -0400

On Wed, Jun 07, 2023 at 02:45:05PM -0700, William Herrin wrote:
[more stuff]

I've unpacked what a vulnerability is and is not for you.
I've unpacked how you can't be violating confidentiality in a protocol
which doesn't guarantee confidentiality for you.
I've unpacked how abusing the vulnerability reporting system for
something which isn't actually a security vulnerability dilutes the
effectiveness of that reporting system for you.
I've unpacked basic definitions of basic terms like "hard-coded" for
you.

Each time, you've just quietly picked up the goal posts and moved them
downrange.  Your argument has gotten increasingly ridiculous.  It's
obvious that you're more interested in "winning" than anything.

I've dispensed the last of my advise.  File your CVE.  I look forward to
tracking its progress.

--