nanog mailing list archives

RE: IPv6 "bloat" history

From: "Pascal Thubert \(pthubert\) via NANOG" <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 12:25:55 +0000

Fun, I had a parallel experience with NEMO that I implemented in IOS.

But I mostly read the fate of MIP and NEMO as a lack of ask. Which is similar to the lack of desire today for the
uplifts we made to IPv6 as a whole, and ND in particular.

Anyway, RPL has a lot to do with what we learned there, including the abstract objective function that yields the
metrics you are talking about, typically including things like ETX/ETX^2, RSSI and LQI.

So yes, things that make sense eventually emerge.

Keep safe.

Pascal