nanog mailing list archives

Re: An update on the AfriNIC situation

From: Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021 22:41:59 +0200

On 8/27/21 22:07, Bryan Fields wrote:

People, can we at least quote properly?  I can't follow this at all.

I wish ARIN would stay out of this, it's not something that affects the ARIN
region, and nothing said in this statement seems to refute any of the
allegations against AFRINIC.  What it does seem to do is state Lu Heng/Cloud Innovation is a shady guy.  While this may be true, I'd expect a RIR to treat
everyone the same, and that's the core of the legal complaint here.  I'd
expect that for a court to freeze assets of AFRINIC there must be a very
strong argument.

Well, NANOG is not ARIN.

Also, it's the global Internet. Routers don't care about RIR's.

Mark.