nanog mailing list archives

Re: Flexible OTN / fractional 100GbE

From: Jérôme Nicolle <jerome () ceriz fr>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 17:12:38 +0200

Hello Jason,

Thanks for your answer.

Le 28/05/2019 à 13:02, Jason Lixfeld a écrit :
IP Infusion’s OcNOS is geared towards OCP gear, and while it’s not
exactly what you’re looking for,

I didn't see any mention of OTN in their software's specs.

OTN is important for this project because we'd need many of its features
in terms of FEC, monitoring and low jitter.

they recently published[1] a note
pertaining to IPoDWDM, so I could see them having maybe already done
something along the lines of what you’re asking about, or they may
have plans to.

We're not really working on the optical side of things, it's really just
about replacing Ethernet wherever it's relevant. Regionnal to long-haul
P2P links for that matter.

Best regards,

--
Jérôme Nicolle