nanog mailing list archives

Re: Power cut if temps are too high

From: Landon Stewart <lstewart () inap com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 19:52:21 +0000

On May 27, 2019, at 11:00 AM, Dovid Bender <dovid () telecurve com> wrote:

Hi,

Is anyone aware of a device that will cut the power if the room goes above X degrees? I am looking for something as a
just in case.

I would personally make one with an ESP32 (micro controller with wifi) and a (normally closed) relay.  You could
trigger it to open the circuit when the temperature is too high.

Did a quick google for this and found something to at least explain wtf I’m talking about:
https://techtutorialsx.com/2018/02/17/esp32-arduino-controlling-a-relay/
<https://techtutorialsx.com/2018/02/17/esp32-arduino-controlling-a-relay/>

--
Landon Stewart
Lead Analyst - Abuse and Security Management