nanog mailing list archives

RE: ICMPv6 "too-big" packets ignored (filtered ?) by Cloudflare farms

From: <adamv0025 () netconsultings com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 18:09:32 -0000

From: Saku Ytti <saku () ytti fi>
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 6:01 PM

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 7:55 PM <adamv0025 () netconsultings com> wrote:

This was on Trio and sorry I should have clarified we did test with default
L3+L4 keys on MPLS labelled packets -default in Junos (as baseline).
And then repeated the test using flow labels -which forced Trio to ignore
the L3+L4 keys and act solely on flow label.
PPS performance wise we couldn’t really tell the difference (was in the
noise).

Are you sure we are talking about same thing. This thread is about 20bit IPv6
header Flow Label. I feel like you're talking about FAT pseudowires?

Yes right, but the lookup principle is the same either you look at IPv6 flow label or you look at the Entropy label.

By default JNPR will in pseudowire transit look for IP keys, with or without
FAT. Optionally it can look even with existence of CW.  You need to
specifically ask it not to look for IP keys in pseudowires or add CW (and not
explicitly tell it to look).

We didn't use FAT PWs, but rather entropy labels for VPNv4 traffic.

adam