nanog mailing list archives

Re: 44/8

From: Matt Harris <matt () netfire net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 10:50:08 -0500

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 10:41 AM John Curran <jcurran () arin net> wrote:

On 19 Jul 2019, at 11:34 AM, Matt Harris <matt () netfire net> wrote:

Hey John, I understand that, however my understanding is that the
establishment of an ARIN RSA is required prior to the transfer of a block
or a portion or a block via ARIN (such as the transfer of 44.192/10). Thus,
this would mean that the 44/8 block is now governed by an (well, more than
one, now that it's split) ARIN RSA (or LRSA) whereas it was not before.  Is
that not correct?

Matt -

ARIN doesn’t discuss details of specific registrations publicly; you need
to refer any such questions to the registrant.

Without discussing any specific registration whatsoever, my understanding
is that what I stated is the case as a matter of policy. Was just looking
for confirmation that my reading of ARIN policy docs was not incorrect. :)

Thanks!