nanog mailing list archives

Re: Top Posting Was: Re: plaintext email?

From: James R Cutler <james.cutler () consultant com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 15:10:10 -0500

On Jan 15, 2019, at 1:06 PM, John Levine <johnl () iecc com> wrote:

By the way, have you changed and memorized all your passwords for this
month yet?

No, I do not follow a predictable rhythm in changing passwords. Some change frequently, some change infrequently.

I only remember my login password, my iDevice PINs, and my 1Password password. 1Password generates and remembers all
the rest.

Changing passwords frequently is not effective if passwords are re-used between multiple sites. This continues to be
the number one rule the I try to inculcate in my clients.