nanog mailing list archives

Re: Mx204 alternative

From: Jared Mauch <jared () puck nether net>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 07:48:13 -0400

I have to agree with Eric here. 1G should be relegated elsewhere. If you ask for something that does all these speeds
you will soon ask for 10m and that’s a wide range.

I would go with a 72q and if something needs 1G then add a switch or similar. Something like that Arista 7050 while EOL
will cover this well and can be had for cheap.

Sent from my iCar