nanog mailing list archives

Re: Mx204 alternative

From: Stephen Fulton <sf () lists esoteric ca>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 08:01:24 -0400

On 2019-08-10 02:29, Saku Ytti wrote:

On Sat, 10 Aug 2019 at 00:22, Brandon Martin <lists.nanog () monmotha net> wrote:

Yes, yes they will.  I've seen some distributor pricing and, while not
officially under NDA, I will not mention it directly.  Suffice to say
you should demand at least 40-50% off list from your vendor to start with.

You get better price from newegg for CSCO gear.

I've found that if Cisco is presented with competing quotes for
comparable equipment (eg. MX204 versus ASR9901) then they have inventive
to price their products competitively.  That said, a lot of SP's in the
Canadian market are moving to the MX204 because of the pricing and Cisco
was late to ingest that fact internally.

-- S