nanog mailing list archives

Re: Mx204 alternative

From: Randy Carpenter <rcarpen () network1 net>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 03:09:00 -0400 (EDT)

~$45k is the US list price... typical discount applies :-)

thanks,
-Randy

----- On Aug 8, 2019, at 2:33 AM, Baldur Norddahl <baldur.norddahl () gmail com> wrote:

45k? No no, the mx204 with enough license to do BGP is more like 20k - 25k or
less. It is actually quite cheap, so I doubt the OP will find anything much
cheaper without going used or do a software router.

I feel it should be mentioned that a Linux box with 4x10G NIC and some random
switch as port expander also will be able to fulfil the requirements and for a
fraction of any other solution.

Regards

Baldur

tor. 8. aug. 2019 06.47 skrev Randy Carpenter < [ mailto:rcarpen () network1 net |