nanog mailing list archives

Re: Packetstream - how does this not violate just about every provider's ToS?

From: "John Levine" <johnl () iecc com>
Date: 26 Apr 2019 21:05:26 -0400

In article <003d01d4fc27$ba0bb300$2e231900$@netconsultings.com> you write:
But isn't there a law in US that protects oblivious or outright simple-mined
population from falling for these type of "easy money" schemes by
prohibiting these types of business?

If it became popular enough to be annoying I expect that the large
cable or phone providers could claim tortious interference by inducing
their customers to violate their contracts.

I assumed that something this sleazy would be offshore, but their
terms of service say they're in Los Angeles.