nanog mailing list archives

Re: RPKI publication

From: Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2018 16:48:14 -0500

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 2:31 PM Alex Band <alex () nlnetlabs nl> wrote:

Hi Jeff,

While I can’t offer you a solution today, I’m happy to tell you we’ve
recognised this particular use case and are working on a free, open source
solution.

We're building a toolset that allows you to run a CA as a child of one or
multiple RIRs transparently and publish using your own or a third party
publication server. In addition, we’ll provide validation software.

https://www.nlnetlabs.nl/projects/rpki/project-plan/

For the validation software we have running code that is already used in
production in various places:

https://github.com/NLnetLabs/routinator

With development ongoing, we’re still in the process of getting this fully
funded as we’re a small non-profit. So far the RIPE NCC Community Projects
Fund and Brazilian registry NIC.br are contributing to financing this
project. Our goal to to provide something that is on par with our other
projects, such as NSD and Unbound.

Happy to keep you updated on the progress.

Cheers,

Alex Band
NLnet Labs